Vapor Barrier System
Crawl spaces can be an intimidating place for home owners. Typically, crawl spaces are disgusting and musty areas due to accumulated dirt, mold and debris. In some cases, these areas are structurally compromised due to flooding, rotting structural damage, pests, dead rodents and animal fecal matter. There are not many home owners who are excited about their home’s crawl space.
Fox Hill Construction is dedicated to helping you create a safer and more secure crawl space. To accomplish this, we install our Moisture and Vapor Barrier System. The Moisture and Vapor Barrier System will limit the moisture. Also, humidity entering your crawl space from outside and turn your crawl space into a clean, dry and safe space beneath your home.
Foxhill’s Vapor Barrier System Installation Steps:
- We begin by installing airtight vent covers and doors. This sealing prevents the flow of moisture, cold and humidity that enters in from outside air.
- Next, we remove standing water sources. To stop ongoing flooding, the source of the water must be found. We will install a sump pump and drain into the crawl space area which will eliminate standing water.
- Fox Hill Construction will then repair the structure of the crawl space. If this area is damaged or destroyed by mold, is sagging or rotted, then it is necessary that we must install support jacks to restore the structure of the crawl space. This action will help with uneven floors or structural sagging affecting the rest of the home.
- Water vapor can pass through your floor and porous concrete walls. To prevent this, a crawl space liner will need to be install to encapsulate and enclose the crawl space area. This liner will allow you to use the crawl space as an additional storage area. We will also install insulation on your walls and floors.
- Once all other bases are covered, we will install an energy-efficient dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air and keep the area dry. This will ensure that your home is safe from mildew, mold, and dust mites permanently.
Benefits of Crawl Space Moisture & Vapor Barrier System Protection:
- Pests like cockroaches, ants, crickets, termites, and many others need a moisture-rich environment to survive. Installing a vapor barrier system makes your crawl space an uncomfortable living environment for these pests along with mice and rats.
- Through sealing your crawl space, you will prevent the growth of mold spores that can be damaging to the health of your family. Mold needs moisture to flourish. The Moisture and Vapor Barrier System will eliminate the majority of the moisture that travels into your crawl space making the area significantly drier. Mold will no longer be able to incubate in arid conditions.
- Installing a vapor barrier system will reduce disgusting odors and debris accumulation. This system will seal the crawl space from outside elements entering this part of your home. In doing so, you will not have the unpleasant experience of attracting dirt and water from outside that settles and makes its home in your crawl space.
- Sealing your crawl space with a vapor barrier system will reduce the amount of heat in the summer and cold in the winter that will flow through your crawl space. You will be able to mitigate the rising costs of utilities that usually spike during these seasons as a result of having to compensate for extreme temperatures.
- A crawl space sealed with a vapor barrier system will provide an additional storage area for your overflow items. No longer will the crawl space be an area that you avoid because of its dank, dark mustiness. Once dried out and cleaned up, you will have a secure place to keep your overflow of items which will give the area an added functionality.
The process of installation is quick and easy, usually taking less than a day to complete. At Foxhill Construction, our goal is to make sure you have an ideal crawl space for your specific home as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Remember, installation of a vapor barrier system in your home crawl space is instrumental in protecting your home for decades to come. We are truly committed to helping you and your family create a safe and secure crawl space area that is free from flooding, debris. Mold, excess moisture, and pests. A clean and secure crawl space with a properly installed vapor barrier system will add amazing benefits. Instead of being simply a graveyard for rodent carcasses and a breeding ground for insects. Foxhill Construction is happy to help you achieve a dry, clean and comfortable crawl space